Lexington KY Area Funeral Home: Pre-Plan Your Funeral & Burial Services
Pre-planning: A Gift for Yourself and Your Family
Although it’s never pleasant to think about your own funeral, planning ahead is a wise choice. Pre-planning isn’t just something you should do for yourself—it’s something you should do for your loved ones.
Pre-planning ensures that your family won’t be left to plan your funeral. What if they aren’t sure what you would have wanted? Do they know if you wanted to be buried or cremated? What if they end up arguing with each other over the details?
Don’t put your loved ones in this painful position. By deciding on the details of your wishes now, you will save your family a lot of stress and heartache later. Additionally, when you pre-plan you’ll take comfort knowing that your wishes will be followed down to the smallest detail.
Here are just a few of the countless benefits pre-planning provides:
- Make sure your family isn’t left with the stress of hastily planning a last-minute funeral.
- Ensure that your final wishes are followed precisely.
- Remove financial burden from your loved ones. Pre-planning allows you to lock in services and merchandise at today’s prices and avoid the rising costs of inflation.
- Guarantee that your final arrangements will be handled even if you have no surviving family members left.
Pre-planning may seem like a daunting process, but Clark Legacy Center’s caring professionals can quickly and easily record your wishes. With four generations of funeral directors in the family, the Clark family has been serving central Kentucky with superior funeral services for half a century. We are here to lend you our expertise and walk you through the pre-planning process.
We’ll help you create a pre-need plan tailored to fit your needs and your budget. Call 859-271-1111 to learn more about our unparalleled pre-planning services.
Planning ahead will ensure that your loved ones aren’t left squabbling over your belongings when the time comes. If you want to make sure things remains civil between your loved ones, you might want to consider the following pre-planning tips:
- Take photos of everything you own and create an album or scrapbook that describes who should receive what after you’re gone.
- Place color-coded stickers on the bottom of all your belongings to indicate which family member should receive each item.
- Lock all of your important documents, including your will, mortgage papers, etc., in a secure fire safe or safety deposit box. Be sure to tell one or two of your loved ones where this information is stored and how they can access it when the time comes.
- Meet with an attorney and draw up a will. This will ensure that your loved ones receive the belongings you want them to have without running into state court issues.
- Take inventory of all of your assets. This includes everything from your investments, retirement savings and insurance policies to your home and personal belongings. Make it clear who should inherit each asset, and be sure to name a beneficiary on each fund in your financial portfolio.
- Have a talk with your loved ones. Be clear about your intentions and don’t keep secrets about what you plan to leave each person. That way, everyone will understand what they’re entitled to and no one will have false expectations.
Clark Legacy Center
601 E. Brannon Road
Nicholasville, KY 40356
Clark Legacy Center
3000 Versailles Road
Frankfort, Ky 40601
Clark Funeral Home
241 Rose Hill
Versailles, Ky 40383